Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Elder Maguel Sommers' Mission Letters

Hey Everybody!  
Raymond is awesome and has been forwarding Elder Sommers' letters to our parents each week.  My mother isn't so great at forwarding them on to us children, so we talked and thought it would be a good idea to post them on the blog so that they were available for everyone!  We are very proud of Elder Sommers' and his service!


April 2, 2012
Dear, Family
It is so great to hear from all of you. Just so you know we don't get to watch Conference until this next Sunday the church sends DVDs for us to watch, so I am very excited to be able to have the chance to hear the voice of our living prophets again this week. That is also great to hear that you are trying to focus on getting more sleep and eating healthy dad, I felt impressed this week to mention to all of you the benefits I have seen in my life from good sleep and in eating a good diet, so many people here have diabetes from eating, so much rice, and also from the new foods like soda, and all the sugar coated processed food there is now day, so I would encourage you all to eat healthy, and to exercise regularly. Even though I am very tired everyday after a long day of walking teaching, and planning, especially in the sun, I truly feel the Lord's strength in me, helping me to be able to continuously do his work with all my heart, mind and soul. This week in study I was reading the book Our Search for Happiness and read from the book the passage of scripture that speaks of the 2000 strippling warriors, and I recalled the night that I gained my sure witness by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true, I feel the Spirits influence so much in my life, as I and my companion seek to discern the needs of our investigators. This week we met one brother who we watched the Movie Finding Faith in Christ with the Movie was in Tamil and I understood only about 5 words in the whole film, but the Spirit bore powerful witness to me as it has so many times in the past of the life and mission of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This Brother then came forward with a concern, about how he felt burdened by the weight of sin and I shared with him the scripture I had Just previously read that morning from personal study where King Benjamin said "are we not all beggars", and also shared with him the scripture from Mathew 11 vs. 28-30 where Christ invites all to come unto him. The Spirit bore powerful testimony to us as missionaries and to this Brother of our Savior Jesus Christ. We are now working with helping him, because he works for the church he belongs to and it is his only source of income, and he has a very weak body so he cannot do anything very labor intensive. We also were lead to another family this week who we are very excited about getting to work with they have a strong desire to follow Christ, and told us even before we began teaching them that to many people blindly follow their pastors we are very excited to work with them. Well Anna that's awesome you got a job at Snoasis, to bad that guy was already asked to the dance. Keep up the good work in school and know that your testimony has always been a power and strength to me. Also Camille I am surprised to hear that you are trying to rob the cradle, I never would have
thought that of you, but no problem keep up the good work in Trig. Kent sounds like you are doing good bro, keep up the good work and have fun driving I know you will be a great missionary someday. Laura sounds like you are having fun your Bubba No always makes me laugh, keep working hard in school. Brenen so good to hear from you buddy, I know that you will be a great missionary someday to.My companion said
to say thanks for the nice words you said. Please tell Aj Hi he emailed me, and please tell Aunt Katie Thanks for her letter. As I read an account from Preach My Gospel and Grandpa Sommers' account about the importance of Family History work I felt the Spirit bear testimony to me of the importance of the work for our ancestors, I would encourage you all to seek to find the names of our ancestors who have not yet had that privilege. Well have fun at the Cabin, I will say I miss the Mountain, fields and pine trees from home I have always loved that scenery. Dad thank you for your great example I share quotes and poems from you always, thank you for all your love and support.
I love you
Love Elder Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment